The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown hotel is offering Build Business attendees a discounted room rate of $199/night plus taxes. Make your reservations online or call 215.625.2900 and ask for the SMPS 2016 Room Block. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. The group room block closes on July 18, 2016, or when the block is sold out, whichever comes first.
ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA MARRIOTT
The Philadelphia Marriott, located in Philadelphia, PA, is the site of the 2016 Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) Build Business conference. With an incomparable city center location and a wealth of luxury amenities, the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown has established itself as a premier hotel destination for both business and leisure travelers. The Pennsylvania Convention Center is connected to the hotel via a convenient skywalk. Superbly designed, intuitively appointed rooms and suites encourage both relaxation and productivity, with high-speed Internet access, spacious work desks, and plush bedding. Many of the hotel rooms also feature beautiful downtown Philadelphia views. On-site dining options include 13 Restaurant and Circ Lounge; where you can sip a cocktail and enjoy modern, flavorful American cuisine.
Guests of the downtown hotel, directly across Reading Terminal Market, can walk to iconic places such as Independence Hall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that changed the world when the fathers of our nation used the location to debate and adopt both the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution.
Within that square mile, visitors also will find:
- The Liberty Bell, a symbol of freedom that predates our nation’s birth. Myth holds it sustained its trademark crack when it was rung to announce the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- The President’s House, where both George Washington and John Adams spent most of their presidencies before the White House was built in Washington, D.C.
- The National Constitution Center, an interactive museum dedicated to the document on which our nation was founded, and the impact different interpretations of the document have had on the nation and world since it was adopted in 1789.
- Carpenter’s Hall, the meeting place of the First Continental Congress in 1774. The seed of the American Revolution were planted here when delegates from 12 of the 13 colonies agreed to boycott British imports.
- Franklin Court, the Philadelphia home of statesman, author, printer, inventor, postmaster, activist and more. The building also is the nation’s first post office.
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 USA
Philadelphia is at the center of it all. It is easy and affordable to get here. Conveniently located in the Northeast United States, the second-most populous city in the East is just 90 minutes from New York City and two hours from Washington, D.C., by train.
Philadelphia International Airport serves more than 120 cities worldwide with 1,200 daily flights, including 120 international flights. The regional public transportation system – ranked second in the nation among cities with more than 1 million residents – provides quick and easy access to the city from the surrounding metropolitan area.
You will be captivated by this 21st-century city where an inspired, young, creative culture is blooming and partnering with innovators and educators. With a spirit of independence, the city and region are giving birth to a new generation of energized people designing this Modern Renaissance City.
Feel like a Philadelphian as you walk day and night through the vibrant streetscape and immerse yourself in America’s Old and New World. Picturesque and friendly streets are lined with parks, rivers, shops, public art, restaurants and museums. Everything is within walking distance from downtown.